Search This Blog

Wednesday 15 May 2013

Slight pivot

I have been doing this blog for 2 years and just over 100 posts, and over that time I have focussed very narrowly on nitrile hydratases. Whilst they are lovely enzymes and I will continue to work on/with them, a growing interest of mine has become their cousins, the nitrilases. I now have more research effort going into nitrilases than nitrile hydratases, so from henceforth I intend to write about NHases and nitrilases. I don't think I am going to stretch to amidases, even if they are on the same operon (or whatever molecular biologists call it!). Just to add a bit of contemporary experimental data to the usual reports, I intend to report some interesting and as yet unreported results here (obviously without compromising my ability to publish them eventually) on an ongoing nitrilase discovery project as they happen.

No comments: