Search This Blog

Tuesday 10 December 2013

Nitrile hydratase in March's Advanced Organic Chemistry

As a graduate student, March's Advanced Organic Chemistry was my "go-to" text for leading references for synthetic chemistry questions. It was an incredibly thick book with an extraordinary number of references, and it has only increased in size since my days in TCD, and it is now in its seventh edition.
As my indexing system these days needs more key strokes to navigate than is needed to find things on the Web using Google, I decided to find my first paper on nitrile hydratase online to see which substrates I should have in my "interesting nitriles" cupboard which were ortho-substituted. Sure enough the paper was there but so also was a link to that paper as a reference in March. Yes, it's reference 103 on page 1080 of the seventh edition, as a reference to consult about amide formation though the reason for its inclusion is a bit weird. Anyway, I am very pleased!

No comments: