Search This Blog

Wednesday 28 September 2011

More automated modelling

I had a go at trying to get SWISSmodel to produce a structure prediction for the 3D structure of the single subunit NHase of Monosiga brevicollis. It had a fair stab at it, as I would expect since there are existing PDB files of alpha and beta subunits which match the relevant portions of the chain, but still it isnt right. The placement of the metal ion is the immediate indicator for me that it has gone wrong- I would want the active site in the middle not on an exposed edge.

Considering the similarity of the sequence to the alpha subunit to that in the PDB file 1IRE (left below), and the beta subunit in PDB file 1V29 (middle below), I was expecting something a bit like those to thrown together, with some guess at the histidine-heavy chain linking the two ends (poking out to the right on my guesstimate shown below right).


No comments: