Search This Blog

Wednesday 16 February 2011

When expression doesn't work...

In the light of my comment in the last blog post commending the Clarke review for its table of successfully expressed enzymes, I thought I would put up here the following information... two genome sourced sequences, which in E.coli, gave inactive protein.

 >gi|50084777|ref|YP_046287.1| along with its beta subunit from Acinetobacter sp. ADP1 which we predicted would be an iron centred NHase
>gi|27379609|ref|NP_771138.1| along with its beta subunit from Bradyrhizobium japonicum USDA 110 which you would predict from its sequence to be a cobalt centred NHase.

Not sure why these didn't work... but with the wealth of sequences out there, there is always another one to aim at!

1 comment:

Justin said...

I am told, we have got these working now. Not sure what the magic was- something to do with molecular biology, I suspect.